Friday, December 12, 2008

home.

*this post was re edited due to personal reasons =)

finally, hello world. i feel blessed that im still alive and typing away (the internet connection's back too) after the mishap. thank god, really. thanks to everyone who texted me, i love you people! at least i know there's still people who cares, in case y'know, the lush greenery right beside my house decides to come down.

in case you havent know, i live in bukit antarabangsa and my taman was one of the few that got stranded due to the landslide, explains why my blog's been inactive for a week now.

december 6th.

yes i didn't make it to kulai golf resort at all, my beautiful diet schemed holiday is vanished by a disaster. so it all happened as i was awakened by a call at 8.42 in the morning. was confused as chan of all people called me and wondering why didn't anyone wake me up to start our journey.

i was extremely drousy and my voice was shaking as i spoke. chan thought i was under the rubble waiting for rescue. hahaha, i'm sorry i scare you darling. so i heard from her there was a landslide, so my sis and i walked out to the scene, which is 1 kilometre away.

i was dumb strucked by this, landslide at this area was the last thing i had in mind because those bungalows have been there for more than 20 years. =(

everyone in their pyjamas walking down.

it's reallyy nostalgic from the inside. sighh. just looking at those houses makes me shudder in fear. it's a miracle too that the three bungalows are still perfectly intact.

then some big shots arrived and announced that the apartment adjacent to the disaster have to evacuate.

i'm gonna miss this glass house, it's a pityyy that i no longer get bungalows sight-seeing anymore.

apparently this glass house was so strong that the whole upper floor sailed like a ship all the way to the opposite tennis court (no longer there), my dad interviewed the victims and found out they have huge pilings (sp?) under as a base.

me: so do our house have pillings?
dad: no.
me: something stronger right?
dad: our base's rocks.
me: =SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
i've never seen real armies before. now i do.
due to the landslide, the main road was blocked and no one had access out, however they soon found out a road through the jungle.

my parents didnt want to leave. so we stayed for three days without electricity as i watch my neighbours pack their bags and leave by foot.

our saviour!

since we're all stranded, food supply was delivered using helicopters! my taman was the landing area because we own a large playground.

i have not seen helicopters landing and taking off in front of me before, have you? XD

then there's this huge helicopter which delivered food and transported bombas. it might look small but believe me, if you wanna act macho and stand without support as the helicopter lands or takes off, you'll start flying.

a young man was thrown into the drain, motorcycles fell, plastic tables and chairs started flying. i can only describe it as a mild hurricane.

just watch these videos.

everyone formed a line and started passing food from one to another.

oh the food on day one was AWESOME. we have sponsors from celcom, de palma hotel, concorde, and some big shots company. people out there think we're starving to death already.

did i appear in any news?

hohohoo. double cool.

they're EVERYWHERE. RELA, bombas, armies, FRUs, you name it.

read the news and this police car was trapped inside too as it was patrolling around 4am.

alas, these candles (my birthday present from nurul! haha!) can be put into good use.

but don't start giving me candles for my birthday next year kay, people! hahaha!

we were so bored, no electricity no life. i couldn't sleep on the first day, was still trembling as i watched the hill beside my house in the dark.

dad: don't worry, they're all rocks. there wont be landslide.
me: -still scared-
dad: i'm an engineer, i know these.

i guess that's very convincing.

had to cook the abalones cause the food in our fridge were starting to rot. we were forced to gobble down the melted ice creams too (i call them smoothies!).

it's scary how our life's so dependant on electricity.


so i survived three days without electricity. so who's complaining bout their holiday huh? i experienced the life of a disaster victim this holiday. i watched helicopters flying in and out every hour, i get free food three times a day, i learnt how to fold paper fans, i walked (considered exercised) everyday for food outside,

SO WHO'S COMPLAINING?

before i end this, i'd like to express my deepest condolence to the victims of this disaster and i hope this post didnt trigger any offence among the residents of bkt antarabangsa. take care all. =)

No comments: