Friday, January 15, 2010

phase 1.

the sudden hiatus huh?

no no no, not college.
not NS either, cause if that’s the case it means I broke my leg and thus sent home.

spm leavers like me only have four options. College, NS, work, wither at home. i wanted option number four, i really did. sleeping at 2am and waking up after a deeeep, long 12 hours slumber, it was deemed the perfect life until march.

so I slept, slept, and slept until I woke up one day feverish with swollen tonsils. I don’t know lah, I didn’t have much social contact for the past few weeks yet h1n1-like symptoms surfaced. and it seems like they are not going anywhere. the viruses are so lethal that even spirulina, codeine and steroids proved inferior. two weeks already. epic fail.

now I’m coughing like a donkey’s bray.

AH SORRRYYY, gone wayyyy out of topic. yeah, I’m working dude because I cannot stand lying listlessly on the couch watching television EVERYDAY. i was out of options due to the transport problem, thus inevitably became a sales assistant (keyword: GIFTS). don’t laugh at me lah. T___T


DAY ONE
truth to be told, I expected chairs. you think sales assistant/promoter very senang goyang kaki ah? likeeeeeeee oh my godddddd chairs seem to be non-existent over there, more of EXTINCT. so when my leg screamed to be bent, i would peek at the beckoning chairs accommodated outside the shop. the grass out there is always greener.

by night, i was almost sure it’s osteoporosis.

DAY TWO
i was looking forward because we actually have this individual sales + commission thing if you reach the target set. i know, kiasuism in the air all over again! but this time round it’s not about scoring 100 for add maths, the stakes are higher as you age. CASH MANIAAAAAA, BABY. The only consolation I get for having to stand 8 hours is topping the sales’ list =] i’m quite good in coaxing customerssssssss to purchase goodssssss, eleh banggaaaaaaaa pulakkkkkkkkkkkkkk tuuuuuuu.

DAY THREE
morning shift for the first time. I discovered the way I have been mopping floors all this while is totally wrong. (HAHA, like this brat in me would actually mop her own floor at home) I didn’t feel the fatigue much but I dozed off watching boys over flowers, I mean HOW COULD I HAVE LET THE FOUR HEARTTHROB DOWN?

DAY FOUR
so I mistaken the director who technically owns the franchise throughout Malaysia and Indonesia as a customer. big deal. He sternly asked a senior staff why am I not in my uniform. ho.

auntie boss eventually handed me my uniform! FINALLY! because I was wearing the last white tee I have after hours of ransacking the wardrobe. hehehehe, it’s just a normal maroon polo tee but I am contented with a body fitting one. auntie boss said M suits me better wor, though S fitted me just flawlessly. eitherway I don’t look too fat, I guess?

TODAY’s
MY OFF DAYYYYYYY
. sleep deprived wei. how I missed waking up when half the day is already gone, having brunch at 4 and catching dicey business then boys over flowers on tv.


above all, i still enjoy the work. what’s a little sleep deprived and fatigue compared to life experiences as a part of growing up, right? I agree, the realm of working is permanent as soon as we graduate from U. we’re bound to it for life, there’s no way out. but I really have nothing else better to do than this because college seems repulsive to me at the moment since I’m still in the idontknowshityoustopasking state. from a zero-experience sales assistant’s point of view, no regrets totally!

No comments: