Sunday, March 29, 2009

my tribute to


candle-light dinner for real! well the kitchen light was on because my maid was chopping onions and we didnt want her to cut her fingers for the sake of saving electricity. =S

mom: dont get choked by the fish bones ahh..

LOL i had to (and i WANT to okay) return a plastic bag after buying books from this stationary shop after realising what was stated on my bag..

____________________________


i find many faults and flaws in this campaign which somehow mislead us into thinking a simple act of switching off our lights can aid in conserving energy. nevertheless, we DID our best and we DID actually turn off our lights but

come to think of it, WHY JUST TURNING OFF YOUR LIGHTS?

yes, the advertisements on radio and tv solely mentioned SWITCH OFF YOUR LIGHTS but what difference does it make to the already deteriorating mother nature if you actually go online in the dark, laptop's out of the question here, and demand deeds from mother nature because you think you’re trying to save the earth? or even watching television programmes with your air conditioners on as you proudly announce to your friends that you have supported earth hour and you DID turn off your lights?

this is an act of hypocrisy.

partying in the dark is so fun and cool and awesome because the main buildings like KLCC and KL TOWER are doing the same so some people certainly dont want to be left out when their friends ask on monday

did you switch off your lights?

OH YES I DID. I WENT ONLINE AND WE ALL PARTIED IN A HUGE CONVERSATION TOO. WHAT DID YOU DO? SAT IN THE DARK?


this annoys the hell out of me. I did not go online for that matter, I found out from someone who is unsupportive of this earth hour campaign. so yes, I sat in the dark watching the scene of the merely invisible klcc and kl tower. I admit I did not totally cut down on the usage of electricity after the campaign (i'm trying to at my best) but at least, do something and mean it, even if it’s for only an hour.

a friend of mine scowled at this campaign when i told her weeks ago but after seeing klcc turning off all their lights, i got a pretty annoying sms from her saying

OH MY GOD THIS EARTH HOUR THING IS SO COOL! KLCC OFF THEIR LIGHTS! I’M SITTING IN THE DARK NOW AND IT’S SO COOL..

smackkk me.

well I don’t owe any of you an apology, so if you think I annoy the hell out of you, you must be that person I’m talking about.


and i so deserve to claim that i earth-houred.

No comments: